Monday, May 26, 2008

Conservatives Already Staying Home?

Discussing the Virginia primary with my son, I opined I may have chosen to stay home once the Republican field narrowed to McCain and Huckabee. Without missing a beat my conservative teenager said he would have just voted for Obama. Maybe that's what some Virgina conservatives did.

John McCain won Virginia with less votes than he received in his 2000 loss; however, Barack Obama, received more votes than the total number of people voting in the entire Virgina Republican primary. While George Bush carried Virginia in the last two presidential elections, today's turnouts don't bode well for McCain's prospects in November. McCain can only hope there were a lot of Republican mischief makers in Obama's totals, but somehow I doubt it.

Originally posted in UNCoRRELATED Feb 12, 2008

No comments: