Thursday, February 16, 2006

Labor Saving Device?

We got about a foot of snow in my area yesterday and today. I enjoy it, even when I’ve got to shovel the walks and driveway. Several of my neighbors have snow blowers. When they clear their walks they continue down the neighborhood sidewalks and driveways. I appreciate it when they beat me to my sidewalk. I find it ironic that they bought the snow blowers to save time and then they still spend just as much time clearing snow as they did with a shovel – only they do 10 times as much. Good on 'em.

1 comment:

HiveRadical said...

No silly. They're not meant to save time. They're toys. Just like most things in this life. We use the time saving rationalization to give us more play time, more time to do something we enjoy doing more than we'd enjoy the alternative we think we'd be envolved in.