Monday, September 04, 2006

Marley and Me

Lily - no relation to Marley; multi-tasking a stick and ball

I stopped into the Deseret Bookstore and thumbed through Marley and Me, while waiting for the family to finish shopping. The sub title, Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog, and cover picture could have been my dog (well I’m still working on the love part). I haven’t read the book, but I’m not in suspense why Marley is one of the world’s worst dogs. My dog, Lily's purchase price was only a down payment. I’ve shelled out for torn pants, chewed shoes, cords, furniture, toys, rugs, hoses, siding, etc., and the vet bill for getting hit in the head by a horse Christmas eve; were up to forty gazillion dollars. I figure John Gorgan, Marley’s owner, wrote his book just to keep up with his dog’s bills.

No comments: